Tory Burch: Fashion Designer Information
Tory Burch is a trendy America Fashion Brand, based in New York City.
Tory Burch Designer Biography
Tory Burch, formerly known as TRB by Tory Burch, is a New York based fashion house. Tory Burch is philanthropist, humanitarian, fashion designer and the CEO of her own fashion company.
Early life of Tory Burch
- Born Tory Robinson – Tory Burch was born in June 1966, in Pennsylvania, America.
- She is the daughter of actress Reva Schapira and Earl Buddy Robinson. Tory has three brothers Leonard, Robert and James.
- She grew up in Valley Forge, in a 250 year old farm house nestled in 30 acres of land.
- Tory attended at the Agnes Irwin School, in Rosemont, before enrolling at the University of Pennsylvania, where she majored in Art History.
- She graduated in 1988 from the University of Pennsylvania.
- After graduation Tory moved to New York. She wanted to pursue a career in the fashion industry.
- Tory’s first Fashion Industry job, was to work in the Public Relations Department for Yugoslavian fashion designer, Zoran
- She later became a feature writer at Harper Bazaar magazine.
- The former writer had the privilege of working as copy writer for Ralph Lauren.
- Tory married and divorced William Macklowe in 1994.
- In 1995, Ms. Robinson starter a job in the PR Department of Vera Wang.
- She began her fashion career, by creating and making her own Fashion Design from her home.
- With the assistant of her second husband, Christopher Burch, Tory managed to open her first boutique in Manhattan, in 2004.
- Her first clothing line, which was branded, TRB by Tory Burch and later changed to Tory Burch was launched at the same time as the opening of her first boutique store.
- On the first day of opening, the store turned over $100 000 and her clothing line was sold out.
- In April 2005, Burch made an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Oprah endorsed her brand and called her “the next big thing in fashion”. Within the next day Tory’s website had received 8 million hits.
- Also in 2005 she received the Rising Star Award for best new retail concept.
- In 2006, Tory and Christopher divorced.
- The Accessories Council of Excellence awarded her the Accessory Brand Launch of the Year Award in 2007.
Tory Burch’s creations include handbags, ready-to-wear, shoes, accessories, home decor, beauty and fragrance designs. The Reva Ballerina flat shoe and her well-designed tunics are her signature pieces. The Reva Ballerina shoe with its T-logo medallion is also well-known for its versatility and comfortable fit.
- In 2008, Burch was awarded with the Accessories Designer of the Year Award, by the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- In 2009, the company sold a minority stake to Tresalia Capital, a Mexican private equity firm.
- On September 2011, her fashion line made its first ever appearance at New York Fashion Show.
- In 2013, Burch partnered with Estee Lauder to launch her first fragrance and beauty line.
- A year later, the company opened a flagship store in Shanghai, which is currently the largest of her stores.
- Also in 2014, Tory Burch published her first book – Tory Burch in Color.
- Burch collaborated with Fossil and released a series of trendy watches.
- By the year of 2015, Tory launched a sportswear line, which was branded Tory Sport.
- The American-born fashion designer collaborated with Dodie Thayer, a Palm Beach artist and potter, in her home decor brand. Tory wanted to add a new collection of ‘lettuce ware’ to her home decor line.
- Her first store in France opened in Paris in 2015.
- Her fashion line is carried in speciality stores, such as Lane Crawford, Harvey Nichols, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Isetan, Harrods, Saks Fifth Avenue and at Galeries Layafette.
- Her fragrance line and beauty products are shipped to 3000 department stores worldwide.
- Today Tory Burch has over 160 stores worldwide, and her company is valued to be worth more than $4 billion.
“Remember: if the most unique ideas were obvious to everyone, there wouldn’t be entrepreneurs. The one thing that every entrepreneurial journey has in common is that there are many, many steps on the road to success.”
2nd Take is the leading consignment second-hand clothing Franchise Group in South Africa with boutique shops in Cape Town, Pretoria and Bloemfontein. 2nd Take stocks exclusive designer brands and high street labels, often not available for purchase anywhere else in is now available as low cost Franchise nationwide in South Africa.
For further information on 2nd Take, please contact us on 021 434 5878 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.